Monday, June 16, 2014

The Chocolate Cola Cake

Mix:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In a saucepan over medium heat stir this up good until it boils:
1 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup coca cola (from bottle is best to me.)
1/2 cup buttermilk (I make my own:  1 1/2 tsp of vinegar to 1/2 cup of milk. Stir it & let stand 5 min.)

Now take off heat and add that to the flour mix & whisk until combined.

Then add:
2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix & put in 9x13 greased pan. Preheat oven to 350*. Bake for about 30 minutes. Don't OVERBAKE it!

When cake is nearly done, make the glaze by mixing in a saucepan:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup coca cola

Once that boils, remove and slowly stir in 4 cups powdered sugar until nice and smooth, then add in about a cup of chopped pecans (optional), and give it a stir.

Once cake is done and out of oven (toothpick should come out clean), pour the warm glaze right over the top of the hot cake!

Now, let it sit! Let it cool for a few minutes!

* I have very few words for this cake because when eating it, I can't stop shoving it in my mouth to speak. It's absolutely mouth watering scrumptious! It's probably the moistest cake I have ever eaten. I don't know anyone who has said they don't like this. No, it doesn't taste like coke. It's more live chocolate heaven!

* Recipe from No Rules, Just Happy Crafting

No comments: