Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, whisked
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350* and fill a cupcake pan with liners.
2.  In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3.  In another bowl mix together the eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
4.  Pour batter into muffin cups until 2/3 full.
5.  Sprinkle topping on muffins. (optional but you want this!!!)
6.  Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

OPTIONAL TOPPING
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 Tbsp oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon

* These are AMAZING! No, really they are INCREDIBLE! My husband normally doesn't eat stuff like this and he couldn't get enough of them. He complimented them over and over and I made 3 batches within a couple weeks. My youngest consumed multiple in a sitting every single time and had these for a "treat" later instead of her usual candy craving. I froze some but all I could manage to save from my family were 2 but they unthawed great. I crave these! I will make these over and over.

* Recipe from I Heart Nap time
* Additional topping from Alexa Pack

No comments: