Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baked Fried Chicken


 Place thawed chicken breast tenderloin strips in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 minutes. (I cut up chicken breasts into strips and let it soak for 5-10 minutes due to time.)

Mix in a gallon size ziploc or large bowl:
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp season all (I just used seasoned salt that I had)
3/4 tsp pepper
1 cup flour
2 tsp paprika


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
Place each piece of chicken in the pan.
Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through. 
 
* This was a huge hit in our house! I was in desperate need of going grocery shopping but had not found the time so I was low on ingredients and a friend suggested this great recipe. It was super easy and I already had all the ingredients at home. The best part by far was how much my family enjoyed it. My husband was sold instantly and even my 4 year old ate hers all gone which says a lot on it's own! We love adding different side dishes to it like vegetables and rolls or mashed/baked potatoes. It really goes with anything! This will become a staple meal in our house.
Recipe & photo from Our Life Uncommon

No comments: